In motion Fitness Tech Tips
If you’re a Gen X’er or Echo-boomer you probably love your technology. The following gadgets can help you get “in motion” on a regular basis.
- MP3 players are compact, durable, light weight and can carry all the music you need to keep you energized and “in motion”
- Spice up your workout and match your own personal play lists for your in motion activities.
Heart Rate (HR) Monitors:
- HR monitors can help you measure intensity and can help work within your target heart range.
- HR monitors can act like a personal trainer and tell you when to speed up or slow down.
- Pedometers are small inexpensive devices that count your steps.
- Pedometers are great goal setting devices that help you monitor and assess your current physical activity levels.
Global Positioning Systems
- GPS uses satellites in orbit that can accurately track distance and speed traveled while “in motion” outdoors.
- Many GPS monitors have built-in heart rate monitors and timing devices that can tell you to speed up or slow down.
- GPS data maps can then be uploaded on your personal computer to monitor your progress.
- Yes, SNEAKERS! There is a lot of science & technology behind what you put on your feet. In fact, computerized “SMART Shoes” that continually adjust to a runner’s size, pace, fatigue level and even different terrain types are now reaching the market.
- Not everyone needs a SMART shoe, but proper footwear will ensure that you are comfortable, pain-free and will help prevent injury.
- There are special sneakers for walking, cycling, jogging, hiking and pretty much every sport.